Professional Program Student Mentee Agreement
By completing and submitting the Mentor UPP registration form, I am stating that I have read the agreement and I understand that Mentor UPP is an 11-month commitment and I agree to meet and abide by the terms and expectations of this agreement and understand that failure to do so may result in release from the program. Also, I understand that the information on my registration form will be provided to my Alumni Mentor and I agree to these terms.
The University of Alabama is an institution which values diversity of thought and background, and strives to be welcoming and inclusive of everyone with consideration and respect for others, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. Student Mentees are representatives of The University of Alabama and College of Engineering and must continually exhibit respect, dignity, and courtesy; sharing the very best of UA. It is imperative that Student Mentees maintain professional and appropriate relationships with Alumni Mentors, at all times.
Student Mentees are expected to establish initial contact with their Alumni Mentors within 10 days of the matches being distributed.
Student Mentees are required to:
* Contact Alumni Mentor to establish your initial meeting
* Review Mentor UPP Online Orientation and MentorAPP Training
* Interact monthly via text or emaila minimum of one time by Skype, Google+ Hangout, phone or face-to-face*
* Communicate no less than every two-three weeks with Alumni Mentor
* Log interactions in MentorAPP in a timely manner
* Participate in the Mentor UPP Surveys* (*optional, but encouraged)
* Set expectations and a SMART Goal with your Alumni Mentor within the first month
* Follow through on commitments made with your Alumni Mentor
* Attend any called meetings by Mentor UPP