Professional Program Alumni Mentor Agreement
By completing and submitting the Mentor UPP registration form, I am stating that I have read the agreement and I understand that Mentor UPP: Undergraduate Professional Partnering program is an 11-month commitment and I agree to meet and abide by the terms and expectations of this agreement and understand that failure to do so may result in release from the program. Also, I understand that the information on my registration form will be provided to my Student Mentee(s) and I agree to these terms.
Alumni Mentors are expected to provide support, direction, and guidance to Student Mentees as well as demonstrate maturity of judgment, objectivity, integrity, and a willingness to follow the objectives of the program. The University of Alabama is an institution which values diversity of thought and background, and strives to be welcoming and inclusive of everyone with consideration and respect for others, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion. Alumni Mentors are representatives of The University of Alabama and College of Engineering and must continually exhibit respect, dignity, and courtesy; sharing the very best of UA with their Student Mentees. It is imperative that Alumni Mentors maintain professional and appropriate relationships with Student Mentees at all times. No meetings should take place in alumni nor student homes and alumni should not transport students in a vehicle.
Student Mentees are expected to establish initial contact with their Alumni Mentors within 10 days of the matches being distributed. If you are not contacted during this time frame, please initiate contact with your Student Mentee(s).
Alumni Mentors are required to:
* Review Mentor UPP Online Orientation and MentorAPP Training
* Interact monthly a minimum of one time by Skype, Google+ Hangout, phone or face-to-face*
* Communicate no less than every two-three weeks with Student Mentee(s)
* Log your communications and interactions into MentorAPP for each Student Mentee in a timely manner
* Set expectations with your Student Mentee(s) at your first meeting
* Assist Student Mentee(s) in setting a SMART Goal within the first month